DRI extension of xserver

Rahaman mustaf.here at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 03:36:35 PDT 2008

Posting it again as the prev post has some problem...

Regs,
Rahaman.

Hi,

After getting short reply from one of the developer & after going
through the following link
http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/drm_low_level.html , i understood that
the XF86 calls are only being made to ensure security. But is it the
only reason OR , there are other reasons too which i am not able to
understand.

Because from whatever code analysis i have done till now, i think if i
exclude the security policy, then i can still call drmCreateContext from
the DRI driver side.I need the fd for the drm device to call
drmCreateContext() and i already have that fd when i opened the drm
device using the Bus id which i got after XF86DRIOpenConnection (refer
to mesa/src/glx/x11/glxext.c : function =>CallCreateNewScreen). Is this
analysis correct?

Can any one please throw some light here?

Regs,
Rahaman.