X.Org 7.4 - when?

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Tue Sep 23 00:56:57 PDT 2008

Hi

I'm wondering what happened to the planned release of X.Org 7.4? The
latest I've heard about was the email by Adam Jackson on Wed Sep 3,
where he stated:

---
Well, that took long enough.

This is almost certainly the server that will go into Xorg 7.4.  The
module set for same is available here:

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/preview-X11R7.4/src/

If you see anything missing that should be present, or present that
should be absent, yell very loudly, right now.  Otherwise that'll go
gold in a day or two.
---

These message followed some comments, which tarballs still need an
update (which he fixed almost immediately). Then silence - only
interrupted by an amusing discussion about now-ish/no-wish release of
X.Org 7.4 ("7.5 release plans").

Which issues are still open?

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany