Potential issue with xorg-x11-drv-evdev ( 2.0.4-1 on fedora 9)

Markus Strobl mstrobl2 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 15:56:13 PDT 2008

Nikolay Karasev wrote:
> My yesterday's update of Fedora 9 installed these updates
> xorg-x11-drv-evdev version 2.0.4-1
> xorg-x11-server-Xorg 1.5.0-1
> xorg-x11-server-common 1.5.0-1
>

> the keyboard started working, but mouse is just dead.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Nikolay

I had the same dead mouse with 1.5.0 and had to switch from evdev to the
"mouse" driver. This is for a Logitech G5:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse1"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5 7 6"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
        Option          "Buttons"               "7"
EndSection

HTH,
Markus