A couple of composite fixes from Owen Taylor

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Sep 19 16:50:36 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 13:44 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

Thanks for checking things out; I will go ahead and push them now.

> I guess I might quibble with the comment in the second one which makes
> it sounds like this has to do with exotic guffaw scrolling manipulations
> or something.

Older window systems would often just discard all window contents on
resize. Adding well-defined bit and window gravity to X11 made it able
to preserve window contents across resize in a predictable manner, and
the whole adventure in SlideAndSizeWindow was designed to 'fix' what was
once a fairly broken implementation of that. The recomputation of
exposures is a fairly blunt instrument to apply in this case, but it was
the easiest mechanism I could come up with at the time.

keith.packard at intel.com