xproxymngproto missing

Alexander Haley ahaley at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Sep 17 06:09:21 PDT 2008

So, I used the git_xorg.sh script to pull the entire repository, and I
have been using the build script to build it ... and I am stumped on
building xfindproxy.

I keep failing trying to detect the xproxymngproto package. I am
running on Ubuntu Hardy, and I have been unable to find a reference to
what provides the xproxymngproto.pc file.

Is this 'xfindproxy' a vital portion of the xorg collection, or can I
skip it? I'm going to skip it and see what happens, but, if anyone has
any input, I would appreciate it.

p.s. before I sent this, I resumed building with -n to continue in the
event of errors .. and I see that xfwp also calls for this package.

Thanks,
Alexander

(relevant bit from the config.log of xfindproxy is below)

configure:3458: checking for pkg-config
configure:3476: found /usr/bin/pkg-config
configure:3488: result: /usr/bin/pkg-config
configure:3517: checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0
configure:3520: result: yes
configure:3531: checking for DEP
configure:3539: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "x11 ice xt xproxymngproto"
Package xproxymngproto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xproxymngproto.pc'
No package 'xproxymngproto' found
configure:3542: $? = 1
configure:3557: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "x11 ice xt xproxymngproto"
Package xproxymngproto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xproxymngproto.pc'
No package 'xproxymngproto' found
configure:3560: $? = 1
No package 'xproxymngproto' found
configure:3598: error: Package requirements (x11 ice xt
xproxymngproto) were not met:

No package 'xproxymngproto' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DEP_CFLAGS
and DEP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.