Dispatching and scheduling--basic questions

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Tue Sep 16 10:35:35 PDT 2008

Daniel Stone escreveu:
>> That said, we have seen some cases where threading would be a real win.
>> Moving input to a thread for latency reasons looks like it's definitely
>> worthwhile.
>
> Definitely.  I'm hoping to be able to look at this, in amongst the
> other ten hojillion input-related fixups and reworks I've committed to
> this year.

no worries for now here, Daniel.

Before commit something upstream I'll provide another patches for review
which are currently seated in my local tree (including some hotplugging
things and other minor clean ups). After, I'll probably retake that idea
of lock the input thread elf section on RSS. Good luck to me.

Cheers,

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre