Implementing RandR

George Wright gwright at cendio.se
Tue Sep 16 08:14:16 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm currently working on implementing RandR support in the Xvnc server along
with an extension protocol for the client to request that Xvnc changes its
framebuffer size on demand.

I seem to have most things working, and Xvnc can resize itself without any
trouble. Running RandR-aware applications inside Xvnc even adjust themselves
properly when the screen resolution is changed.

However, the xrandr command still reports the old screen resolution after the
change, but the new resolution is present on the list of available ones.

So for example, if I start Xvnc with a 1600x1200 framebuffer, then resize it
to 1280x960, it resizes fine, and apps inside it adjust themselves properly.
xrandr before the adjust shows only 1600x1200 as the available screen
geometry, and afterwards shows 1280x960 as a possibility. However, it still
lists 1600x1200 as the "current" screen resolution.

Is there any way of fixing this?

Regards,

George

--