Some question about Xrender and EXA

Alexei Babich a.babich at rez.ru
Tue Sep 16 02:36:16 PDT 2008

> EXA is not a renderer.
I know.

> EXA is an acceleration layer.
"they can implement to more efficiently accelerate the X Render extension: solid fills, blits within screen memory and to and from system memory, and Porter-Duff compositing and transform operations", right ?

> Your driver gives
> EXA a set of functions and information, and EXA uses that to figure out
> what your driver can accelerate, and redirects everything else to
> software.
Can you point me to module source (example), which consist lesser non-EXA code ? Or, may be, howto about writing EXA driver ? I want understand, how I can write my own module with EXA interoperability.

> The software renderer for the Render extension is in the pixman library.
> You probably want to look there for writing a fast fixed-point renderer.
Thank you, I guess for the appointment of pixman. I will profile it.

--
Regards,
Alexei Babich, circuit engineer, OOO NPP "Rezonans", Chelyabinsk, Russia
Jabber ID: impatt at jabber.ru