Lenny: Mouse freezes after kde ends a session and kdm reappears on Intel G35 chipset

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Sun Sep 14 13:39:12 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have a reproducable issue on with an Intel G35 chipset using the Intel GMA
X3500 running Debian lenny with the latest updates of today:

rd at blackbox:~$ dpkg -s xserver-xorg-video-intel|grep Version
Version: 2:2.3.2-2+lenny2
rd at blackbox:~$ dpkg -s kdm|grep Version
Version: 4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-5
rd at blackbox:~$

Whenever I end a session and kdm reappears (which happens as far as I
understand without restarting X), the mouse freezes and is placed in the
middle of the screen. The keyboard ist still working within kdm and I can
switch to virtual consoles. Crtl-Alt-Backspace restarts the X-Server and this
fixes then the mouse issue.

I checked Xorg.0.log on a virtual console, when the mouse hang. It contains
these lines towards the end:

(WW) Configured Mouse: Grab failed (Bad address)
(WW) Configured Mouse: Release failed (Bad address)

For reference, the full Xorg.0.log and xorg.conf are at

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/X3500/

Can anybody with confirm the problem? If yes, do yo have the same intel Xorg
driver and kdm?

Can anybody advice if and if yes, against which package I should open a bug
report? What information should be included?

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
Lärchenstr. 6
email: rdorsch at web.de
jabber: rdorsch at jabber.org
GPG Fingerprint: 5966 C54C 2B3C 42CC 1F4F  8F59 E3A8 C538 7519 141E
Full GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu/