[RFC] Preliminary XI 2 feature list

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Sep 11 09:38:32 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 09:29:45AM +0200, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> I'm still not clear which one will provide the exact events from the device?
> Relative events doesn't mean the device events. If this is pointer events,
> then it won't help. Pointer gets stuck on the border of the screen. But not
> mouse/trackball.

This is the reason why relative events will be separate from standard events
as they won't be affected by clipping.

> Also it would be nice to have a way to completely stop pointer from moving.
> Right now it's impossible, even with Xevie which was supposed to add exactly
> that.

Grabbing an attached SD temporarily detaches it from the MD. Alternatively,
you could explicitly detach it. Either way, the visible representation of the
cursor ceases to move (from this device anyway, other attached ones may still
change the cursor position).

Cheers,
  Peter