Xfbdev color problems due to endianess

Leon Ljunggren leon.ljunggren at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 04:45:25 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:45:02AM +0200, Leon Ljunggren wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
>> > Change fbScreenInit in hw/kdrive/src/kdrive.c to wfbScreenInit.
>> > setupWrap tells you which drawable you're going to access, and asks you
>> > to set up the memory read/write functions, and finishWrap lets you know
>> > you're done.  So in your setupWrap function, just set pRead and pWrite
>> > to functions which perform the format conversion, but only if pDraw is
>> > the front buffer (i.e. == GetScreenPixmap(screenInfo.screens[0])).
>>
>> I replaced fbFinishScreenInit with wfbFinishScreenInit (couldn't find
>> fbScreenInit, but from what I understand that function just calls
>> fbSetupScreen and fbFinishScreenInit while the wfb equivalent calls
>> fbSetupScreen and wfbFinishScreenInit), setup a skeleton
>> setupWrap/finishWrap (haven't quite understood what to do with these
>> yet) and added libwfb.la to the make file lib list. But when I try to
>> compile I get errors like:
>>
>> ../../../fb/.libs/libwfb.a(libwfb_la-fbscreen.o)(.text+0x304): In
>> function `wfbSetupScreen':
>> : undefined reference to `wfbInitializeColormap'
>> ../../../fb/.libs/libwfb.a(libwfb_la-fbscreen.o)(.text+0x30c): In
>> function `wfbSetupScreen':
>> : undefined reference to `wfbInstallColormap'
>>
>> As far as I understand they're supposed to be in libwfb.a?
>
> Right, so you need to change KDrive's Makefile.am to link wfb instead
> of fb.

But I thought I'd done that when I added $(top_builddir)/fb/libwfb.la
to the lib paths on the make files. I couldn't figure where to do in
in the Makefile.am, so I just modified the makefiles instead and used
regular make instead of configure.
Before I did this change I got an error complaining about undefined
reference to wfbFinishScreenInit, once the lib was added this error
went away but the other appeared, aren't they all in the libwfb.a lib?

Thanks
/Leon