xkbcomp broken - (EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap

Wed Sep 10 07:54:10 PDT 2008

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> strdup doesn't like NULL strings, so xkbcomp may segfault when parsing xkb
> files. There's a fair view callers in xkbcomp that use uStringDup and assume
> it handles NULL strings, so just fixing the macro is the easy way out (see the
> patch below).
>
> Alan - any objections?

Looks good to me - I just made the assumption that since the HAVE_STRDUP code
was already there it worked, and we just missed the autoconf test to set the
define in modularization.   I admit only testing it on the xkb ruleset I was
using, which is a simple, single layout, so probably missed many cases.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com