2.6.27-rc5 radeon kernel module can't load r300_dri.so - help?

Markus Strobl mstrobl2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 14:00:09 PDT 2008

Hi,

You can have fglrx installed, there's no problem with that. But fglrx cannot be LOADED when you try loading radeon. So check if fglrx has loaded with lsmod. If it is, remove it from the kernel (rmmod fglrx) and try starting X again.

Disclaimer: The above is based on my experiences using Gentoo, not Ubuntu... both my Ubuntu machines have NVidea cards in them.

HTH,
Markus