2.6.27-rc5 radeon kernel module can't load r300_dri.so - help?

Lars Oliver Hansen lolh at ymail.com
Tue Sep 9 09:54:32 PDT 2008

Hi Markus, Julien and Daniel!

Thanks for your answers!

I have indeed fglrx installed for the Ubuntu kernel (bootable from a
second grub entry). Is libGL made up by the <chip>_dri.so files or is
libGL another file collection? My r300_dri.so is from a package by
Andrius Štikonas which contains a backport of mesa with fixes by David
Airlie for the Radeon XPress 1100 to work with DRI
http://ppa.launchpad.net/stikonas/ubuntu and
http://airlied.livejournal.com/59351.html .  That package I installed
after fglrx. Would uninstalling fglrx solve the problem or would I have
to get another mesa (which includes libGL if I understood you right)?

Thanks and K&BR

Lars