Intel GMA950 and SDVO TV Output

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 22:16:21 PDT 2008

Hi.

I was wondering if there's been any update to SDVO TV output support
for the intel driver ?

Currently running Ubuntu 8.04.1 and man intel states:
"SDVO and DVO TV outputs are not supported by the driver at this time."

Looking at the latest source code of the intel driver, the man page
still states the same.

As such, I was wondering if support for TV output over DVI had been
added and maybe just the man page didn't get updated.

I saw some talk about adding support on this distribution list back in
April but couldn't say that the status had changed.

I'm trying to connect a Sony Bravia 1920x1080 TV via DVI (with HDMI
adapter) but I'm stuck with a refresh rate of 60Hz ; as where I live
(Australia) all TV content is 60Hz I get an annoying judder.

Thank you
Jean-Yves