Pseudo-root extension?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Sep 8 13:29:29 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 14:12 -0400, Matthew Tippett wrote:
> My understanding is that it is single server (:0.0, :0.1, :0.2, et al)

I suppose the downside to using pseudoroot for this is it's not
necessarily the case that the application will know how to talk to
multiple displays as easily as it talks to multiple screens.  Also
there's more of an implicit hint about which ASIC needs a copy of a
given object that you get with a screen that you wouldn't (necessarily)
get with xinerama+pseudoroot.

I'm a bit surprised though.  I'd have thought the primary reason for
wanting multiple screens is so you still get DRI across multiple ASICs,
and not so much about that it gives the client the ability to schedule
better.

- ajax