[ANNOUNCE] xserver 1.5.0

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Sep 4 13:40:19 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 03:21:31PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> > > As Julien notes, these are for XGE, so no.
> >
> > Except there are other bug fixes in there. Probably would have been
> > better to bump the minor version for XGE. Maybe: branch 7.0, tag
> > master as 7.1.0, revert XGE on 7.0 branch, and tag 7.0.14 without XGE?
> > If this seems reasonable and you don't want to do the work, I can do
> > everything except create the tags/releases.
>
> Eh.  Easier to just include them and not care.  If the XGE decls break
> anything then too bad.

We get a pretty significant gain by shipping proto and preferably lib
packages, whereas we can live easier without the server, so I'd
definitely like to see them in.  That being said, we don't have any
extensions that will use it, though this makes proper input deployment
a matter of merely inputproto + libXi + xserver + xf86-input-whatever.

(Merely.)

Cheers,
Daniel