i810 how to determine field parity?

Thomas Hilber xorg at toh.cx
Thu Sep 4 07:35:34 PDT 2008

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 08:29:57AM +0000, Will . wrote:
> I was wondering when using an interlaced mode what methods are available to
> determine the field parity or start of a frame using the i810 driver, are
> any registers available for this? (or any prefered methods for doing this)

it's a long time since this post. I now accidentally saw it.
I also was searching for a solution to determine the field parity of
an i810.

After some experimenting I found:

A method is to detect the maximum count reached by DISP_SL register.
This alternates between two values dependent on the current field
parity.

Cheers
  Thomas