Reg: AIGLX architecture & it's difference from DRI

Rahaman mustaf.here at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 01:40:40 PDT 2008

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response.

I do not want to write a dri.so which will work either with DRI or with
AIGLX.Let's put my questions one by one below..

1>If some one( a vendor) gives me only the OpenGL driver(no DRI/DRM
functionality) implementation, can i use that and build my DRI/DRM
modules i.e. Can i write my own dri.so & drm.so and still use the vendor
provided OpenGL? Excuse me as some of my questions can be abstarct or
some cases invalid,too as i am new to this area :-(

2>In case of AIGLX, where can i find the code inside xserver where it
redirects the libGL calls to the GL_dri.so

3>Can i get a comparison like pros & cons for both the architecture in
different context/use cases?

Regs,
Rahaman