Reg: AIGLX architecture & it's difference from DRI

Mustafizur Rahaman mustaf.here at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 01:08:13 PDT 2008

 Hi,

Can any one please tell me whether there is any document available which
explains me the AIGLX architecture briefly.What i am looking is if some one
provides me only a OpenGL driver whether it is easier to build AIGLX on top
of it or making DRI/DRM kind of framework is easier, provided that i have a
X window system running below.

I am also looking for the difference between the DRI & AIGLX
architecture.E.g, i know that the xserver loads the <hw>_dri.so when AIGLX
is enabled and the client app links to the <hw>_dri.so, when DRI is
enabled.Is there other differences as well?

Regs,
M R.