Intel driver for graphics on dg45fc mainboard, getting it to work

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Fri Oct 31 16:43:33 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 20:51 +0100, Dimitri Michaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The specs from the intel website say this card has a "Intel Graphics
> Media Accelerator X4500HD" which is not in the list of supported cards
> for the intel linux driver.
>
> I've tried compiling my own driver from the stable driver and from
> git, but none of them work, they all fail with the same error:
> (EE) intel(0): No valid modes.
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
>

> I think it is a problem with my xorg.conf file, but I can't get it to
> work. I'm now using the vesa driver, which works, but doesn't give me
> my widescreen resolution.
>
> I've attached my xorg.conf and the log from /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
>
> I would really like to see this card working because I like the
> mainboard and can't wait to use it with some decent linux drivers.

My DG45FC's working great.  You should update to the current 2D driver
(you're using 2.3.2, not 2.5.0, so you don't have support for HDMI or
DVI), and make sure you have the kernel AGP patch (in Linux master and
in your friendly local distribution hopefully), and delete your
xorg.conf.

--
Eric Anholt
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com