Intel driver for graphics on dg45fc mainboard, getting it to work

Dimitri Michaux dimitri.michaux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 12:51:39 PDT 2008

Hi,

The specs from the intel website say this card has a "Intel Graphics
Media Accelerator X4500HD" which is not in the list of supported cards
for the intel linux driver.

I've tried compiling my own driver from the stable driver and from
git, but none of them work, they all fail with the same error:
(EE) intel(0): No valid modes.
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

I think it is a problem with my xorg.conf file, but I can't get it to
work. I'm now using the vesa driver, which works, but doesn't give me
my widescreen resolution.

I've attached my xorg.conf and the log from /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

I would really like to see this card working because I like the
mainboard and can't wait to use it with some decent linux drivers.

Thanks for your help.