Cross compiled Xorg and no fixed font

Leon Ljunggren leon.ljunggren at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 07:35:17 PDT 2008

Hi,
I've cross compiled Xorg for my arm system (using the fbdev driver for
display driver) and it's almost working. At start up I get warnings
that "Could not init font path ... removing from list", these are for
all my font paths listed in the config file. Yet the server starts and
I can start an application (I'm doing so from over the network, since
I haven't yet cross compiled any of the applications) and it works
fine, but when I terminate the application on the host computer using
ctr-c the server quits with a fatal error "cold not open default font
'fixed'".

I have tried everything suggested at
http://www.x.org/wiki/FAQErrorMessages#head-a570197d15005a2c71cbb5e565114e2c04a573a3

My font folders misc, 75dpi and 100dpi has fonts.alias in them, I've
run mkfontdir on the so they do also have fonts.dir and fonts.scale.
The fonts.alias was added by doing:

 ./configure --prefix=/mnt
make
make DESTDIR=home/leon/xs/build_org install

in the font/alias dir and the fonts were installed in the same manner
(I then move then copy the entire /mnt to a nfs path for testing, on
the target machine it is mounted as /mnt, so the server is in
/mnt/bin/Xorg, and fonts in /mnt/lib/X11/fonts).

I compiled the server with the --with-fontdir=/mnt/lib/X11/fonts option.

Anyone has any ideas on what I should do to fix it? I've attached my
logfile, configfile, and font.alias, font.scale and font.dir from the
misc dir.

Thanks
/Leon