[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.5.0

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 08:39:18 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:41 PM, samuel <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 18:33 +0200, samuel wrote:
>>> I've tried this driver now. doesn't seem to work here... gives me a
>>> fatal error and leaves my consoles in a non usable state... any
>>> suggestions?
>>
>> You need to apply the patch to the AGP driver in your kernel:
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/anholt/drm-intel.git;a=commit;h=2052746fc8397130c120f0194a89938b0b62b6cb
>>
>> --
>> keith.packard at intel.com
>>

> thnx that fixed it...

I've been messing with this in the last couple of days and i tried to
connect the mainboard to my full hd tv using a hdmi cable...
It all worked out just fine with one notable exception... the borders
of the screen get shopped off... Checking with xrandr confirms that my
screen is running in 1920x1080 at 60Hz but about a border of about 30 to
40 pixels on all borders (left,right,bottom top) is missing... is
there a way to solve this?