[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-evdev 2.0.99.2

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Oct 25 05:42:31 PDT 2008

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 04:26:39PM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Thanks for the info Peter. I did actually have the patch below already
>> applied but had to turn AEI off to get keyboard support at KDM login.
>
> why is that? Shouldn't you get the devices anyway?
> putting evdev devices in your xorg.conf is discouraged, to say the very least.

Well they didn't appear to come up.... I'll have a look and see if I can
get more info. Not being able to log in to debug it due to lack of
keyboard meant I didn't really research/probe as much as I should have
done... :)

I guess I'll have to see why evdev is not loaded (and/or just doesn't
work at login!). I had previously thought that it needed an entry in
xorg.conf with an "auto" device or something but I can tell from your
response this is bunkum!

Col

--

Colin Guthrie