xf86-video-intel 2.5.0 performance questions

Halim Issa yallaone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 09:59:58 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 23:35:09 Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
> 2008/10/21 Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>:
> > The driver now defaults to synchronizing updates to the monitor refresh,
> > so 60fps is expected. You can use the 'driconf' tool to change this if
> > you want bigger numbers.
>
> This is going to be a FAQ :-)

Seems like the FAQ on x.org is slightly dated - are there any plans of
revitalising this?

Other items I am sure I am not the only one wondering  about is how to
properly configure X with the new HAL settings vs. xorg.conf, getting the
maximum performance out of the card (EXA, UXA, etc) and similar.

I'd be more than happy to help organise such an effort, but I believe it's
quite obvious that I am nowhere near sufficiently skilled to provide the
answers other than copy/pasting from this mailing list...