[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.4.98

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Mon Oct 20 13:08:38 PDT 2008

On Sunday, October 19, 2008 12:16 pm Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 20:50 +0200, Rémi Cardona wrote:
> > Jesse Barnes a écrit :
> > > This is mainly a smoke test for the final 2.5.0 release which I hope to
> > > do on Monday.  Please give it a try and let me know if you run into
> > > build issues, etc.
> >
> > configure wants libdrm 2.4.0 which has yet to be released. I've tried
> > tweaking configure.ac to get it to build on non-GEM drm (which was
> > announced to be still supported for 2.5, iirc) but then I get massive
> > failure in src/i830.h about "dri_bo" being undefined.
> >
> > So I gave up and installed mesa and libdrm from git, but then I get DRM
> > errors in dmesg and rendering errors in Firefox 3 and gnome-terminal
> > (both of which use render).
> >
> > And if I start a GEM kernel, X doesn't even start. See my previous post
> > on intel-gfx.
>
> libdrm 2.4.0 is released.
>
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/libdrm/
>
> I couldn't find any clearer release process for it than "tag it and dump
> a tarball into this directory" -- if any other DRM maintainer-types want
> to suggest an appropriate process, I'd love to hear.

Yeah I guess it's not common to send out announcements about libdrm releases,
but maybe we should start.  Following the X.Org announcement template would be
a good way to go I think, and would allow people to see what changes the
release includes, etc.

Anyway glad it's finally out; that means we can release 2.5.0.

/me trolls the bug list to see if there are any last minute blockers.