[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.4.98

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Mon Oct 20 12:12:28 PDT 2008

On Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:50 am Rémi Cardona wrote:
> Jesse Barnes a écrit :
> > This is mainly a smoke test for the final 2.5.0 release which I hope to
> > do on Monday.  Please give it a try and let me know if you run into build
> > issues, etc.
>
> configure wants libdrm 2.4.0 which has yet to be released. I've tried
> tweaking configure.ac to get it to build on non-GEM drm (which was
> announced to be still supported for 2.5, iirc) but then I get massive
> failure in src/i830.h about "dri_bo" being undefined.

That should be defined in the libdrm headers.  According to
http://dri.freedesktop.org/libdrm/ there's a 2.4.0 release now, but I haven't
seen the announcement yet... maybe Eric's mail didn't make it through?

> So I gave up and installed mesa and libdrm from git, but then I get DRM
> errors in dmesg and rendering errors in Firefox 3 and gnome-terminal
> (both of which use render).

Hm, that sounds bad...  What kind of DRM errors are you seeing?  If it's just
these:
	[drm:i915_getparam] *ERROR* Unknown parameter 5
	[drm:i915_getparam] *ERROR* Unknown parameter 5
that should be ok.  That's just the 2D driver checking for GEM (we should
probably make the messages a little less threatening, but really they're
normal for non-GEM configurations).

> And if I start a GEM kernel, X doesn't even start. See my previous post
> on intel-gfx.

This is the "failed to pin back buffer" error?