XFixes and XI2

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Oct 19 20:30:47 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 07:50:38AM +0800, Sam Spilsbury wrote:
> I'm continuing Peter Hutterer's MPX aware version of compiz and
> extending it to all of compiz-fusion. Some of the plugins use a call
> to XFixes to get a cursor image for the current cursor and to hide the
> current cursor. I didn't find any documentation as to if this is
> device-aware or not. If so, could someone tell me how to call it with
> reference to specific devices.

it is not device aware yet.

with cursors, there is two settings per window
1. the window cursor (as defined in the core protocol)
2. a device-specific cursor.

if 2 isn't defined for a specific device, all devices use 1. the xfixes
requests work only on 1., so while this is appropriate for most occasions, it
needs a device-aware implementation too.

Cheers,
  Peter