Adjusting screen size/position to make display fully visible on screen

Jakob Halleröd dammawit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 04:26:16 PDT 2008

I have a TV monitor with the 1366*768 listed as its native resolution.
I have connected it with dual-head separate X-screens via DVI->HDMI.
However, no matter what resolution I set for the display, a considerable
part of the display is missing around the edges.
The panels becomes hidden below the visible part of the screen and it
becomes hard to navigate.
The gpu is an nvidia card and I use the latest driver from Nvidia. The
Windows driver have the option to adjust the screen size/position so
that the full display becomes visible.
Unfortunately, I cannot find this option in nvidia-settings on Linux.
Is there any way I can adjust the size and position of the screen with
xorg, so that the full display becomes visible on screen?

Best regards,
Jakob