Embedded X

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Oct 15 07:29:59 PDT 2008

Does uClibc actually buy you anything?  Last I looked, (admittedly quite
a few years ago), it lacked I18N support that most products now require,
at least by the time you are doing serious UI work.  But times may have
changed, and it isn't obvious from the sketchy documentation.

At that date, we ended up having to carry glibc anyway, at which point
it is moot, and uClibc just ended up costing space, rather than saving
it.
                            - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org>