Nvidia and ATI in one System

Mader, Alexander (N-MSR) Alexander.Mader at niles.de
Wed Oct 15 06:55:32 PDT 2008

Moritz Lutz schrieb:
> is it possible to show me you xorg.conf? Or are you using the
> Multiseat option on this system?

I put into /etc/gdm/gdm.conf:

8< ------------------------------------------------------------ >8
[servers]
0=Multi
1=Standard
2=Second

# Also note, that if you redefine a [server-foo] section, then GDM will
# use the definition in this file, not the GDM System Defaults configuration
# file.  It is currently not possible to disable a [server-foo] section
# defined in the GDM System Defaults configuration file.
#
[server-Multi]
name=Dummy server
command=/usr/bin/X -config xorg-X.conf -layout Multi -audit 0 vt7
flexible=false
handled=false

[server-Standard]
name=Standard server
command=/usr/bin/X0 -config xorg-X0.conf -layout X0 -audit 0 vt7
-noreset -sharevts -novtswitch
flexible=false

[server-Second]
name=Second server
command=/usr/bin/X1 -config xorg-X2.conf -layout X2 -audit 0 vt7
-noreset -sharevts -novtswitch
flexible=false

The respective xorg-X*.conf files are attached.

My cards according to the Xorg*log are nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce
FX 5200] rev 161 (AGP) and ATI Technologies Inc unknown chipset (0x94cc)
rev 0 Chipset: "ATI RV610" (that is ATI Radeon HD 2400 PowerColor PCI
with internal PCIe-to-PCI bridge).

Regards and enjoy  :-)  Alexander.