Intel: how's dynamic framebuffer allocation coming?

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Oct 13 22:41:24 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 05:08:29PM -0400, Joel Feiner wrote:
> And on that note, how about allowing proper 3d and compositing acceleration
> across screen area bigger than 2048x2048 (I believe that's the limit).

With recent intel driver and mesa you should have that.  (Not sure about
mesa, could be the patch to enable it never got to upstream.  You can
find it at http://launchpad.net/bugs/146859).

> It'd
> be nice to be able to use Compiz/xcompmgr with two screens again like I
> could with MergedFB.

That's what I have now on Ubuntu 8.04, after patching and rebuilding
mesa.

Marius Gedminas
--
It is a mess, pure and simple.  Sucks to be away from Unix, huh?
        -- man perlfaq3