Intel: how's dynamic framebuffer allocation coming?

Adam Williamson awilliamson at mandriva.com
Mon Oct 13 13:58:05 PDT 2008

Hi, folks. I remember chatting with some Intel devs around six to seven
months ago about dynamic framebuffer allocation: i.e., supporting
multiple heads without people needing to stick a Virtual line in
xorg.conf or have their distributor set a wastefully large default
framebuffer size. I recall the plan was to be working on this some time
around...well...now, actually :)

So I just wondered if there was an update on the status of this. Will it
be coming along soon? It would be nice to have it in Mandriva 2009.1
(April 2009).
--
adamw