xserver: Branch 'master'

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Oct 10 12:15:56 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 14:12 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> Yeah, that sounds like something I'd say.  I am not the release bitch
> for 1.6 though.  No strong feelings either way on the ABI number,
> personally.

I'm doing 1.6, and I don't care about ABI numbers either; the only rule
we should make is that ABI numbers between two released servers reflect
changes in the ABI that have occurred between those releases. For
unreleased servers, we shouldn't make any guarantees. However, if you
want to bump the number more often than each release, that's fine with
me.

keith.packard at intel.com