problem with i830M interlaced VGA output (915G works fine)

Thomas Hilber xorg at toh.cx
Tue Oct 7 07:46:55 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 03:55:19PM +0200, walter harms wrote:
> can you produce a testcase ?

simply apply the patch above to xf86-video-intel and run the given
modeline. It will give you a progressive modeline.

> i have a notebook with i830m maybe we can use that program to test other chipsets also
> and establish what chips a capable. Sometimes these features are simply undocumented.

But as we now know with Keith's help it's not an undocumented but an
not-implemented feature of i830m. As I noted in an other post
i810e, 915G, 945G, 965GM chipsets are running well.

So I think all that could be done has already been done?

- Thomas