int10 broken? (using secondary card)

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Sun Oct 5 12:51:15 PDT 2008

	Hello,

a few months ago ago I wrote to this list that I had to revert to the
Xorg-1.3.0 (Fedora 8 version), because my secondary X server (in a multi-seat
setup) locked up in the int10 module when starting up. This was with nVidia
Riva TNT2 card, and the nv driver. Few days ago I bought a new computer with
two identical ATi Radeoh HD 3xxx PCIe cards, and there is the same problem:
the X server for the secondary card cannot be started (with or
without -isolateDevice).

	Both "radeon" and "radeonhd" drivers work on the primary card
without a problem. However, when I try to run it on a secondary card
with the same Xorg.conf except the different BusID line,
the radeon driver locks up inside the int10 module (the int10 message
is the last one in /var/log/Xorg.1.log). With Option "noint10" "yes"
it complains that the card has not been POSTed yet (no surprise here).
The radeonhd driver crashes after saying that it cannot read the atombios
values correctly.

	So my question is: does the int10 module work in the recent Xorg
servers? If not, can I somehow POST the secondary card manually?

	Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |