xf86-video-nv-2.1.12 bug ?

Helmut Jarausch jarausch at skynet.be
Fri Oct 3 07:25:12 PDT 2008

Hi,

I do need some help.

I have an old nvidia card (GeForce2 MX/MX 400) and I have been using the
nv_driver for quite some time on my GenToo system.
After upgrading to xorg-server-1.5.0 (and 1.5.1 meanwhile)
and x11-drivers/xf86-video-nv-2.1.12
I get short vertical black lines (of width 1 pixel) at the top and bottom
of the window when moving a window quickly around.
These lines vanish when the window is resized (just a bit) and reoccur when
moving the window again.
This is across several applications like jedit, nedit, opera, TclTk and xterm.

down cleany, it doesn't accept any keys (like <ctrl><alt><Fx>) anymore
so than I have to reset the hardware to get out.

These bugs have not been there with with previous versions of
xorg-server and especially the xf86-video-nv driver.

Since even the Nvidia legacy driver doesn't work with Xorg-server-1.5.x
I'm in an unpleasant situation.

from Xorg.0.log:

(II) LoadModule: "nv"

(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//nv_drv.so
(II) Module nv: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 4.1

Are there any patches known?

Many thanks for your help,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik