Poll: Should Xorg change from using Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to something harder for users to press by accident?

olafBuddenhagen at gmx.net olafBuddenhagen at gmx.net
Thu Oct 2 17:55:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 01:52:53PM +0930, Peter Hutterer wrote:

> driver kbd: hardcodes Ctrl + Alt + Backspace. (IMHO that's a bug anyway)
> driver evdev: the XKB map decides what happens.

I don't know whether this is really related (I'm pretty sure I
experienced that with kbd driver as well), but the fact that zap depends
on xkb is actually quite problematic: When the xkb map is somehow
borked, the server still starts, but it's not possible to zap (nor to
switch console)... This gets really ugly when no other means to exit the
server is available :-)

-antrik-