SMI 501 local bus driver

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Thu Oct 2 12:35:27 PDT 2008

Christian Pössinger wrote:

  Hi,

> I figured out the UseFBDev function yesterday. When enabling this specific
> function my screen shows up with the mighty X cursor. I can move it with

  Does it also happen when using the SwCursor option?

> my mouse perfectly, but the background is only black. I can't see the
> normal b/w X background. When I start the xterm it's black, too.

  It appears as if the driver is writing to one address, and the
kernel to other.
  If you run something like:
# dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/fb0 bs=1024 count=1024
does it show something on the screen?

  Please open a bugreport on bugs.freedesktop.org, and also test
the latest git master.

Paulo