Whence be libXevie tarball?

Pat Kane pekane52 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 09:41:34 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
 > Xevie is pretty much deprecated.  What are you using it for?

I am trying to build the X server from tarballs[1] and I get this error msg:

   Building xserver module component xorg-server...
   configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
   appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
   appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
   configure: error: Package requirements (randrproto >= 1.2 renderproto
   fixesproto >= 4.0 damageproto >= 1.1 xcmiscproto xextproto
   xproto >= 7.0.9 xtrans scrnsaverproto >= 1.1 bigreqsproto
   resourceproto fontsproto inputproto >= 1.4.4 kbproto >= 1.0.3 videoproto
   compositeproto >= 0.4 resourceproto xineramaproto evieproto xkbfile xfont
   xau fontenc pixman-1 >= 0.9.5 xdmcp) were not met:

   Package evieproto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
   Perhaps you should add the directory containing `evieproto.pc'
   No package 'evieproto' found

The only reason I need it is to avoid that error message.  Is there
a way to tell X server not to need evieproto?

Pat
----

[1]  http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/X11R7.4/src/