Synaptics and the scroll zone after resume from suspend.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Oct 2 04:44:29 PDT 2008

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 10:12:40AM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> I'm using xf86-input-synaptics-0.15.2 and wonder if other users have a
>> problem with the scroll zone after resuming from suspend.
>>
>> For me it just stops working which is pretty annoying. Does anyone know
>> how to help diagnose and/or fix?
>
> Do you have the device configured in your xorg.conf?

Yes.

Section "InputDevice"
     Identifier "SynapticsMouse1"
     Driver "synaptics"
     Option "SHMConfig" "on"
EndSection

> If so, check the log, it might not come back properly after resume and the
> device is added through HAL instead. In this case, the options specified in
> the fdi file are the ones used, not the ones in the xorg.conf.

Ahhh bingo:

(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/event2
         No such file or directory.
(WW) SynapticsMouse1: cannot open input device
couldn't enable device 2
(II) Mouse1: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded

Now what to do I wonder... as /dev/input/event2 does actually exist.. I
wonder if it's a timing thing?

Col

--

Colin Guthrie