Software for calibrating a touch screen

Søren Hauberg hauberg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 02:45:03 PDT 2008

2008/10/1 Clemens Kirchgatterer <c.kirchgatterer at amatic.com>:
> On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 17:05 +0200, Søren Hauberg wrote:
>
>>   I don't quite know where to publish this, so I figured this list
>> would be a start. Attached is a program for calibrating a touch
>> screen. It computes the following parameters:
>>
>>     'flip_x'
>>        a boolean parameter that determines if the x-coordinate should
>> be flipped.
>>
>>     'flip_y'
>>        same as 'flip_x' except for the y-coordinate.
>
> instead of flip_x and flip_y you could just swap the min_* and max_*
> values and let the driver axis_validator function handle the flipping,
> works for me.

Good point. Perhaps the recently added 'invert_[x|y]' options in the
evdev driver should be removed? Perhaps not, as such an option might
be generally usable.

BTW, what driver are you using for your touchscreen?

Everybody: does anybody have any thought on where I should host my
calibration code?

Søren