[rant] keeping policy in HAL

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sun Nov 30 22:01:55 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 10:47:06AM +0500, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Also, currently, for unconfigured Xorg, such newly-added keyboard gets
> the "us" layout. This is also a hard-coded policy, should we remove it?

Ignoring both the rhetoric and the fact that neither of the input
maintainers are American (thanks for the assumption, but Peter's an
Austrian living in Australia, and I'm an Australian who's spent the last
couple of years living in Finland), this will be build-time configurable
soon.

> In fact, I would consider any default other than "completely unusable
> keyboard that doesn't produce any events" a policy. Reason: I want US
> developers eat their own dogfood.

I was going to write something in reply to this, but then I realised I
have better things to do.  Spare us the drama, please.

Cheers,
Daniel