Keysyms: HomePage vs WWW

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 07:37:17 PST 2008

Hi folks

Today I looked at the usage of I32 in symbols/inet and found
interesting thing. There are 31 cases where it is used as XF86WWW and
17 cases where it is used as XF86HomePage. Could anyone explain the
substantial difference between these 2 keysyms (in the context of
desktop)? May be, we could just declare WWW as "deprecated" and switch
entirely to HomePage? Or - the other way around?

There are more exotic cases for that key, like Search, Finance etc - I
guess I'll just leave them as they are. For a moment, at least;)

Maniac of unification AKA Sergey