xinput test crashes server when touchpad clicked

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Nov 27 14:02:58 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 11:49:58AM +0000, Magnus Kessler wrote:
> Tested-by: Magnus Kessler <Magnus.Kessler at gmx.net>
>
> That patch works fine for me. Thanks for fixing this.
>
> However, I see that the same unchecked access to p->key->xkbInfo exists in
> other functions in xkbEvents.c as well, notably XkbSendStateNotify and
> XkbSendControlsNotify (where it might be guarded by the xkb_interest
> field?), XkbSendMapNotify, XkbHandleBell and XkbSendActionMessage.
>
> It seems clear from the naming ("kbd") of the DeviceIntPtr parameter in
> those cases that above functions are intended to be called only for regular
> keyboard devices? Is this guaranteed?

IIRC, these functions were always called with the VCK so that wouldn't cause
any problems. We can't easily do that anymore, so the "bail out if it's not a
keyboard" is the best approach.
I'll amend the patch to fix the other occurances, but it'll take me a few
days. If you get to it on the weekend, I'll be happy to review.

Cheers,
  Peter