Siliconmotion driver update for XFree 4.3?

Gerhart, Bjoern bjoern.gerhart at wincor-nixdorf.com
Wed Nov 26 05:06:27 PST 2008

Hi Paulo,

thanks for your quick reply.

> But
> some of the features in that driver include randr 1.2 (with
> multihead),

Before we had siliconmotion driver release 1.4.9, we could not operate an SM712 chip as secondary graphics adapter, while the onboard chipset (in our case driven by i810) provided the primary graphics adapter. Release 1.4.9 supported this kind of multi head. But maybe this improvement has flown into randr 1.2?

There was another strange behaviour which was removed with our 1.4.9 driver. The Video BIOS identification string was shown up twice each time initializing X (using the SM712 chip).

>   They are already in version 2.2.8, while we are on version 1.6.1 :-)

Ah, okay I see that the 1.4.9 driver is quite old in the meantime *smile*
However, with Xorg 7.1 (as distributed with CentOS 5), I had the same issues with the siliconmotion driver concerning the SM712 chip described above.

> If you can send me the tarball it should be easier to handle, then
> real diffs. As there may exist useful features that were removed...

Okay, I appended the tgz of our working siliconmotion driver sources 1.4.9 to this email (compilable against XFree 4.3).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Björn

--
WINCOR NIXDORF International GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.