EXA and migration [was: shrink xrender featureset]

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Nov 25 10:54:08 PST 2008

> Sorry just to clarify - can't Xorg draw a gradient directly to the pixmap
> over PCI, rather than migrating the pixmap out of the video card?

We've been flaming on this subject on this list before.

Apparently, the current incarnation of EXA is built on the assumption that
everything should be accelerated, and that when it isn't, it's a bug.  Hence,
it pays no attention whatsoever to the performance of software rendering.

(Strong vocabulary chosen deliberately, to get some EXA expert to react.)

                                        Juliusz