X server 1.6_beta1 pending pixman

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Nov 25 09:37:45 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 17:58 +0100, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> writes:
>
> > So, we'll see if we can't get a bit of pixman review and perhaps a
> > pixman release done tomorrow so that the X server beta can head out.
>
> Here are some comments on the matrix code. I didn't review all the
> numericals, but nothing jumped out at me either.

I just copied the code from the X server where it hasn't demonstrated
any problems. I think most of the paths are actually tested in the
projective transform RandR work too.

> - I'd like to have the interface const correct, for example in
>
>         pixman_transform_multily (struct pixman_transform_t *dst,
>                                   struct pixman_transform_t *l,
>                                   struct pixman_transform_t *r);

Yeah, I briefly considered doing that; I'll go fix it.

> - For the rotation interfaces, maybe expand the names s and c to sin
>   and cos? I first thought c meant center and was then mystified what
>   s could mean.

Ok.

> - The interfaces that take forward/reverse matrices should probably
>   accept NULL's.

Ok.

> - Pixman's version numbering scheme is similar to cairo's: The git
>   master version has an odd micro number, released versions have even
>   micro numbers.

What version would you like?

> - The name pixman_f_transform bothers me, but I don't have a better
>   suggestion since pixman_transformf would be worse.

I'll leave this alone then.

> - Is there any particular reason for the fixed point epsilon of 2 (as
>   opposed to 1)?

Just giving more space to allow for rounding errors.

> - There is a comment about floating point interfaces, but the file
>   contains both fixed and floating point interfaces.

I'll fix the comment.

Thanks for the review!

keith.packard at intel.com