X forcing WheelEmulation

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Nov 23 14:58:46 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 01:00:55AM +0100, Matija Šuklje wrote:
> No idea. I only have it once mentioned in my '/etc/hal/fdi/policy/*.fdi'
> files. And this started as of today (or at the earliest yesterday evening)
> and I don't remember messing about with input device settings in that time.
> Except with the 'keyboard.fdi', but that doesn't include any "Logitech"
> or "mouse" lines anyway.
>
> I'm completely lost as to why this happens.

I'll push you over to bugzilla again, please attach the Xorg.log and the
output of lshal. I think the latter is the key here.

> It also strikes me odd why is there a "KEYBOARD" entry concerning my mouse all
> of the sudden (see below).

Could be that your device (like many wireless receivers) creates two devices,
one mouse and one keyboard. And it gets the same name because..it's so much
fun after all.

Cheers,
  Peter